Are you one of the people always on the go that require a netbook or mini laptop with Windows 7? Do you want to buy a netbook as a gift for your loved one this coming holiday season? Check out the best and inexpensive netbooks with Windows 7 on sale.
Netbooks with Windows 7
Mini Laptops with Windows 7 (Price Range of $300 to $400)
I find HP deals on mini laptop attractive. With the HP Mini 210 series, you’ll get more than what Dell offers as an inexpensive laptop with Windows 7 system:
- Several choices of case color: Charcoal, Luminous rose, Crimson red, Lavender frost or Ocean drive.
- An option to upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium for only $35.00 extra.
- 160GB 7200RPM Hard Drive and 1GB DDR3 SDRAM.
- No pre-installed security software – most end-users prefer to their own install antivirus or firewall software which HP understands and so the basic or default configuration in buying HP Mini 200 series is “no pre-installed security software”, but there’s option to buy Norton Internet Security 2011 for $19. Note that the Dell mini laptop includes 30-days trial of McAfee software.
- 10 hours battery life using 6-cell Lithium-Ion battery.
- 802.11b/g/n WLAN connectivity but Bluetooth is not included. You have to pay $25 to have Bluetooth connectivity.
- Shipped with reduced-functionality versions of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Built-in web camera with integrated microphone.
With the default configuration of the HP Mini 200, you will only pay $330. If you upgrade to Home Premium and add a Bluetooth module, you will have to pay $390.
The next thing to consider is the 10″ netbook from AsusTeK – Eee PC 1005HA Seashell. Like the above netbooks with Windows 7 on sale, Eee PC 1005HA Seashell also includes Windows 7 Starter edition, LED Backlight, 1GB DDR2 RAM, a huge 250GB HDD, WLAN 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1, 6-cell Lithium-ion battery and card reader. The netbook from AsusTeK also include a built-in camera with integrated mic but only uses 1.3 megapixels. The price ranges to $380 to $400 (depending on your location or online shop such as Best Buy or Amazon).
Best choice: HP Mini 210 series
Netbooks with Windows 7 (Price Range of $200 to $300)
The Samsung N210 mini laptop also includes the Windows 7 operating system. The netbook includes 1GB DDR2 memory, 250GB Hard Drive 5400RPM, 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN, 6-Cell Lithium Ion battery, 3-in-1 media reader, 3 USB ports, Integrated Camera and internal microphone and backlit LED screen. The Samsung N210 only costs $299.99 at Best Buy. This netbook by Samsung is pre-loaded with software such as Adobe Acrobat Reader and YouCam by Cyberlink.
Dell Inspiron Mini 1018 comes in black includes a 160GB 5400RPM Hard-drive, a built-in web-cam and microphone, 4 to 6 hours battery life using 3-cell Lithium-Ion battery, two 2.0 USB ports, Truelife wide-screen, 1GB DDR3 SDRAM, Bluetooth 3.0, 802.11n WLAN and Realtek PCIe FE Family-Controller. The neat stuffs in buying an Inspiron Mini 1018 is you have the option to upgrade from Windows 7 Starter edition to Home Premium edition using Windows Anytime Upgrade, for a small fee – $54.00, free 1 year Dell online backup with option to subscribe higher disk-space (5GB to 100GB) and 1 year limited hardware warranty.
If you buy the Dell Inspiron Mini 1018 without upgrading to Windows 7 Home Premium, you’ll only pay $300 but if you want to take advantage of the operating system upgrade, it will cost you $354.