Do you want your taskbar icons look three-dimensional? Well…here we will take a look at how to create a 3D icon on the Windows 7 taskbar. Just follow the steps below:
1. Right click on the Desktop and select New and then Shortcut.
2. Enter RunDll32 DwmApi #105 in the location box(as the screenshort shown below) and click Next.
3. Type in Flip3D as the Name and click Finish.
4. Now you have an shortcut on the desktop that will launch Flip3D (but it has the wrong icon). Then you need to configure its property. Just right click on the Flip3D shortcut and click Properties.
5. On the Shortcut tab click the Change Icon button.
6. Change the Look for icons in this file text box to C:\windows\explorer.exe and it Enter. Now the Flip3D icon is available. Select it and click OK.
7. Click OK to close out the shortcut properties window and finish your configuration.
8. At last, drag and drop the new shortcut on the Windows 7 taskbar to pin it.
Now a 3D icon is available in the taskbar. Do you feel it is amazing? Just have a try and enjoy yourself!