Creating a Windows Vista password recovery disk can really come in handy if you lost your login password. With it, you can easily reset your password and get right in to Windows Vista.
While there are ways to recover lost passwords without a password reset disk, they are often complicated and time consuming.Be proactive by creating a password reset disk today. With a password reset disk, forgetting your password is no longer a crisis.
Follow the easy steps below to create a password reset disk for your Windows Vista account:
1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.
2. Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.
Note: If you’re viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won’t see this link. Simply double-click on the User Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.
3. Click on the User Accounts link.
4. In the task pane on the left, click the Create a password reset disk link.
5. When the Forgotten Password Wizard window appears, click Next
Note: You will need some kind of portable media before being able to create a password reset disk. This means that you will need a flash drive or a floppy disk drive and blank floppy disk.
Important: You will not be able to use a blank CD or DVD as a password reset disk in Windows Vista.
6. In the I want to create a password key disk in the following drive: drop down box, choose the portable media drive to create a password reset disk on.
Click Next to continue.
7. With the disk or other media still in the drive, enter your current account password in the text box and click Next.
8. Windows Vista will now create the password reset disk on your chosen media. When the progress indicator shows 100% complete, click Next and then click Finish in the next window.
9. You can now remove the flash drive or floppy disk from your computer.
Label the disk Password Reset and store it in a safe place
Related tool: Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0